This time, I’m going to give a few tips for increasing the traffic to your blog using SEO principals. Implementing those tips is very important, as with time (not immediately) your post will start being ranked higher in search engines results, which will derive a constant and huge amount of traffic to your blog through them. It do require some work at the beginning (not a lot), but with time you will master it and it will become your second nature.
So how does SEO works? Basically, Google and other search engines collect data (words, likes, shares..), which allows them to recommend and rank blogs based on how well people trust those blogs.
(1) First step of a good SEO post is a keyword research. A wide array of free and paid keyword research tools exist. Many of these tools, such as Wordtracker, have traditionally return keywords that people recently searched for. Using the right keywords, in the right amount of repetitions, in the right places will increase your SEO dramatically. So, where to use them?
(2) It is crucial to use your keywords in your page title, preferably near the start of your page title. You may want to use your keywords, related phrases, and popular keyword modifiers in your page content a couple times, but with an emphasis on writing natural. Make sure that your content reads well to humans, as that matters much more than what a robot thinks of your content. If people like your content and link at it that is more valuable than getting on page optimization down perfect but sounding robotic in the process.
(3) YouTube – YouTube lists today’s most popular, today’s most discussed, and today’s favorite videos. Many of these are irrelevant to your site, but any of these could help you find ideas that have already displayed some level of social proof. (Therefore can create lots of share’s, likes, and discussions in your blog, which increases SEO)
(4) Focusing On Competing Websites – You don’t have to track everything to be successful. You only have to compete in your market. If you read a dozen or two dozen blogs in your market, track who is getting linked to, and why people are talking about them, that makes it easy for you to identify and create ideas and content worthy of being mentioned.
(5) Categories & Tag Pages – Create categories that are well aligned with industry related keywords. Doing this will create a site structure that helps those category pages rank well for the keywords in them. If your site is focused on weight loss, then creating categories about exercise, diet programs, diet pills, and weight loss supplements make sense.
I can go on and on (And I will do it in next posts if you ask me to) but usually when giving to many advices, none is being implemented.. 🙂